Re: No kidding!!

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard on February 21, 2005 at 15:38:41:

In Reply to: No kidding!! posted by Lori on February 21, 2005 at 01:15:36:

Why would any captain jeopardize the safety of his customers in such conditions so bad that people got off? Were these people total rookie divers to boat diving and not used to boats? I for one would like to hear their story as to what the conditions were like. As a side question, did they ask for their money back from the group that charted the trip? I know you probably don't know the answer, but I hope someone who can will.

If it really was that bad that day I have another point to make. Is it just me, or are small craft warnings provided to let captians in general know it's not safe out there? What does the weather service and the coast guarde consider a small craft anyway? What would have happened to a captain if they did take a boat out during a small craft warning and the boat somehow injured someone or it sank? Should the captain have known better and heeded the warnings not to go out? Knowing in advance that the ocean was bad and he still took customers out, doesn't that get him in trouble when the civil suit is filed?

Lori, I do not think this is a common practice for dive boats in general to go out in conditions as rough as that. I believe the more responsible captain would have stayed at the dock that day.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]