Re: You have to be kidding!!

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KayDee on February 23, 2005 at 13:30:26:

In Reply to: You have to be kidding!! posted by Max on February 20, 2005 at 22:11:31:

Here is my take.
I was one of the divers who got off the boat. After puking for 2 hours straight, diving was the last thing on mind; there will be many other days and dives.
I grew up on a boat, so to characterize the people who got sea sick as lightweight chummers would be an error, especially if you weren't here to experience it. The conditions for the trip to Catalina were awful, so much so that all the other dive boats out of San Pedro and Long Beach that I talked to chose to cancel their trips. At the half way point, according to the crew, 50% of the passengers voted to turn back. I assure you that I would not characterize 50% of the people on the boat as anything other than hearty stock.
Quite frankly, I was very excited when I booked this dive based on the information presented on the Sand Dollars excellent web site. My main disappointment stems from the realization that the boat on the website characterized as "the best in Southern California" has little resemblance to the boat they take out, or any thing with "best" in the description, for that matter. Perhaps the food, but quite frankly, the one bite of French Toast I had before I ran to the back of the boat, wouldn't be a fair assessment!
I am really happy for the divers who stayed and had some great dives, they certainly earned it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]