I'm all for it.

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Wayne on February 24, 2005 at 21:08:26:

In Reply to: Re: 12 year old certified as Master Diver?? posted by Max Bottomtime on February 24, 2005 at 14:09:51:

As you said, it is a function of him taking several classes this lasty year. His folks are gaining trainign and experience at the same time. During those early dives, I am glad he had a "pro" diving with him. As they all got experienced, they got to be better divers and hopefully safer divers.

When people take specialty classes, they dive and learn. If this kid is taking classes, he will be a much better diver for his whole life. The specialty cards, from passisng specialty classes not not a problem. And the name on the cards, Advanced, Rescue, Night Diver, Nitrox, Master, etc. are fine with me. We just need to keep in mind that a master diver is not a divemaster. SOme will not understand that. SOme will not understand that a master diver is not a super skilled diver who has become like some who have dove for decades and gained mastry of the sport. It is just another named level and card.

That being said, it is good to learn, and I am happy for his family.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]