Re: It's a bit more complicated

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Richard on February 28, 2005 at 14:03:21:

In Reply to: It's a bit more complicated posted by Ken Kurtis on February 27, 2005 at 22:22:59:

This is more of the answer I was looking for and I thank you for it. You are right I am not trying to find a reason to sue anyone for anything. I think people who generalized my questions as being hazardous in their intent need to look beyond their own reasons for responding. What you say I pretty much agree with. If the conditions were not good and the travel could have been considered dangerous by the community as you put it I think that puts a lot of responsibility on the captain and charter company. Remember that I did not say that there had to be a dive related accident. Only that someone got hurt to or from the diving site. I freely admit that a calm cove at an island can almost always be found to dive, but it's more than likely the trip to and fro in such nasty conditions have the potential to hurt someone. And my advanced apology to Sand Dollar. I was not trying to single it out as an example. But their situation that trip was just the more recent reported event that re-triggered my questions. Thank you.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]