Posted by Elaine on March 02, 2005 at 23:11:23:
In Reply to: Re: BBS Rules: not posted until now, Elaine + posted by AADIVER on March 02, 2005 at 21:09:21:
"The Rules" (I think somebody wrote a book by that name) are listed in the FAQ section at the top of this page. Just click on FAQ and you will find all kinds of useful information (Including some information on how to post photos by the way).
The weekly trip postings are done under the auspices of helping divers to find last minute spots for the weekend, and, participation is open equally to all boats, dive shops, dive clubs etc. - anyone who sends in a notification of an open space or spaces to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are trying to keep it in one weekly post so that it doesn't get out of hand.
The following is copied from the FAQ section.
Posting rules: (#5 is the one that applies).
1. Your post should be related to Scuba Diving. If you post a completely unrelated message, it will be deleted.
2. Use your real e-mail addresses. If you are worried about spam-bots getting your email address, add somthing to it or change it in a way that is obvious for a human to remove, and still email you.
1. JauqueC@diver.net might use JauqueC@SpamSucks.diver.net
2. MikeN@yahoo.com might use MikeN@oohay.moc
Both of these can be deciphered by a human, but will fool a spam-bot.
3. You must be reasonably courteous. Criticism should be supported by rational arguments. Profane and baseless personal attacks will be deleted.
4. You must be honest about where you're coming from. You can brag about a product or service, but if you're connected with that product or service, say so, somewhere in your message.
5. Promotional posts are limited no more than one post per thirty day period, per person, enterprise, or event. It does not matter if the thing being promoted is free or paid. These posts include, but are not limited to:
1. dive trips
2. dive classes
3. dive club meetings
4. dive equipment sales
This rule means that any individual user can make only one promotional post of any kind every thirty days. If that user has more than one event to promote, he/she must combine those in their one allowed post. This rule also means that any given event my only be promoted one time in a thirty day period. Subsequent posts by other users, promoting the same event, are not allowed and will be deleted. Exceptions to this rule are posts about DFG & MPLA/MLMA meetings, and certain charitable events such as the annual Chamber Day event. Events qualifying for exception will be determined by the webmaster.
6. Posts about recent dive trips, dives, and dive conditions are especially encouraged.
Post a Followup