I just bought one

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by radinator on March 09, 2005 at 22:46:17:

In Reply to: Backpacks and bouyancy posted by Dick Analog on March 09, 2005 at 16:21:33:

I just bought a backplate and wings from Deep Sea Supply, and while I've only taken it into the pool so far, I'm very happy with it. This weekend, if the weather holds, it's tasting saltwater.

I am replacing my SeaQuest Balance (which will probably be for sale soon) and really like the fact that with the backplate I have no "danglies". It's very streamlined. Also, since I put the rig together myself, every piece is there because I see a reason to have it. It's also modular, so if I want to do doubles in the future, I use the same backplate and harness, and just use a different bladder (appropriate for weight, of course).

I got it because I plan to drink the kool-aid and take a DIR-F class sometime soon, but even in the pool I could see the advantages of the setup. Now I just have to find a class near LA (and re-practice skills I haven't used in a while).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]