Shore dive report

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aaron B on March 12, 2005 at 17:38:03:

So I haven't been out in a couple weeks due to schedules and weather but today I made it. Knowing that it wouldn't be the greatest day in history but still a day. So we went to Deer Creek Rd. and Leo. Deer Creek was about the worse vis I have seen during the short time I have been here. Saw only one baby lobster but did see my first horn shark. Finally spotted a spanish shawl floating in the current. Don't know if they are all that small but this one was about a cm long. Small but very impressive colors. Also saw the biggest ugliest crab ever. Mulled over the legality and intelligence of taking him home with me since I couldn't find any lobster. Decided to move on. Went to Leo to check out the good vis there, turned out the same if not worse. I think this is the first day out that I didn't see the famed garibaldi. Also pulled the smart trick of grabbing in a hole for a lobster and catching an urchin in the forhead. Very surgy day, we were all over the place but it was fun. So I know some of you natives may hate these days but they are still fun for the adventure of breathing underwater with the chance at seeing something fun. When I compare this day to diving in a lake (aka: mud), I would take this anyday. Even on a clean day in the mud you won't see a shark.

So, til next time.

Aaron B

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]