Whatever...

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hilary on March 19, 2005 at 01:47:38:

In Reply to: Travelling exhibit...(NOT) posted by Dwill on March 16, 2005 at 06:52:21:

I don't see how they should automatically be chastised because they have Doria artifacts. Although he has never personally invited me over to his home, I suspect John Chatterton has Doria artifacts, also. And while the U-869 has undoubtedly brought him fame and financial reward, I think it's greatest benefit has been the historical light that has been shed by the sub's discovery. If you devote several years of your life...and a significant amount of your own money to a project, I fail to see why you shouldn't reap some reward if they happen to be forthcoming.

Not all intentions are bad...at least I'm not cynical enough to believe that. I did some research on the Sea Rovers organization, saw the internships and scholarships they funded, as well as the conventions, and was impressed. I enjoy history, and historical artifacts and museums very much. Nothing keeps the spirit and memory of the past alive in quite the same way as laying eyes on artifacts that were the reality of those in our past. I was able to visit the Fitzgerald exhibit last year, and was deeply moved. The display was a beautiful tribute to both the ship and the 29 sailors that lost their lives with her demise. So I will continue to support the efforts of those who endeavor to keep the past alive.

And that's all I have to say about that....

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]