Yes of course, sorry.

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric S on March 20, 2005 at 21:12:36:

In Reply to: Post the dates and details (nt) posted by Elaine on March 20, 2005 at 20:09:13:

This years North Coast Party will be at Ocean Cove Campground up on the Sonoma Coast.

The dates: August 11-14 2005

Go to the link I provided and you can see what the campground looks like. It is great diving around there, very rugged. If you have ever dove Point Lobos it's like that except there's miles and miles of it.
Bring a kayak! The area provides for some spectacular kayaking. There are also great hiking trails through the forest nearby.

I will have my boat and there may be a few other boats, but for whoever plans to be there I need to know so I can plan for what to expect including the possibility of getting one of the group sites. If I get a group site then I will ask for 16 dollars per night per car from anyone that wants to stay there to split up the cost.

There is great ab diving around Ocean Cove also. If you want to try ab diving this would be the chance. There will be many accomplished ab/freedivers there to help you get dialed in.

A few items to bring:
1) All dive gear, freediving and scuba.
2) As many full scuba tanks as yo have.
3) All your own camping gear to be self sufficient including: tent, sleeping bag/pad, cooler, food for the duration of you stay, campstove, quarters for shower, warm clothing, beverages of choice, etc. If you don't have a stove that's not a problem because I always bring 2 big freestanding camp stoves that everybody uses. I put 2 big pots of camp coffee on each morning. I also bring firewood for the pit. We always like to sit around and swap lies, I mean dive stories till wee hours (sometimes)

There is always tons of stuff to eat because we always try and out do each other with some kind of gourmet dish of seafood that we got from the ocean that day. New people bring new recipes and I always like when people get involved in the cooking. We have had some really interesting stuff cooked up I must say! But just in case the conditions are foul and we can't get out or whatever, it's always a good idea to have back up options.

If anyone from the L.A. area is thinking of coming I would recommend driving it. By the time you deal with the whole airport hassle and renting a car you can just about beat the time driving. And, you can have all your stuff with you. I go I-5 to I-580, accross the Richmond bridge, then on to 101. From there I go north to Santa Rosa (dive shop there and dry ice for the abs home) then just north of Santa Rosa you take River Rd. west all the way to Jenner (the coast).
Go North 17 miles and you will be at Ocean Cove right on the beautiful North Coast.

If you want a kayak you can rent one at Wind Toys in Santa Rosa. Take the Todd Rd. exit off 101. Go north (left)on Santa Rosa Avenue about 3-4 miles and they will be on the left. From there head north again on Santa Rosa Ave till you see the sign for the 101 north onramp and you're back on the freeway.

It's gonna be a great time!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]