Re: more dive reports - i agree

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ross-O on March 21, 2005 at 18:40:51:

In Reply to: Re: more dive reports - i agree posted by kathryn on March 21, 2005 at 18:03:04:

I couldn't agree more! The only solution that I see is heavier moderation. It would be OK with me if all mean-spirited or "sockpuppet stirring the pot" posts were deleted. (Please note that I feel it possible to have a spirited debate while still treating others in a civil manner. I'm not suggesting that we should kill debates).

I'm here for the trip reports, pictures, and most importantly, the opportunity to meet others who share a passion for diving, boating, adventures, and the ocean. It's wonderful if I can pick up the occasional nugget of information about dive procedures, but I mostly rely on instructors, books, and CAREFULLY chosen mentors for that sort of thing! Anyone who uses internet BBSs for more than the smallest fraction of their diving informational basis is, in my humble opinion, in dangerous territory.

Overall, the experiences that I've had diving and hanging out with other divers has been overwhelmingly positive. I wish that this BBS could reflect that reality. Someone is paying the bills for this site and I couldn't blame them at all if they chose to be more heavy handed in the moderation to remove some of the negativity and sort of "restore the balance". After all, don't we all get enough negativity in our jobs or daily lives without having it infect our hobbies?

Just my opinion. Have fun out there.

Ross-O
www.diver.net/ross

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL: