It's California Diving, not cowboy diving.

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on March 22, 2005 at 09:45:59:

In Reply to: Re: Hey, I'm really pissed posted by Instructor 10 on March 22, 2005 at 09:00:07:

I am sure you mean well, but forget it.
We learned from DIR. They were good divers, with some good ideas, just some vocal ones were a bit nuts. That nutsiness did not contribute to diving or anything good for that matter and it sure didn't help DIR.
If the DIR folks couldn't prove that all these horrible practices are killing people, you're not going to either.
>Most of us
Who, the people that don't come to scuba BBS's?
>The cause of most of the accidents that experience divers have is caused by a cowboy attitude
No, no, no. I told you we went through all this with the DIR folks. You are wrong and an amatuer. Realize that when the DIR folks were posting, every death was a cause celebre that they used to prove their points, but it never did. Actually, the data sort of went against them. This goes for solo and cowboys. When you add it all up, it seems that that's really not what kills here on the West Coast.
I'm sorry, but we've been through all this before. If you know the DIR folks, you know that you cannot match them for their persistance, nastiness and yes, diving skills. We here are California Sport Divers and very good at what we do. Prounounced like a .gif file, we are DJF divers. Doing Just Fine.
Enjoy the diving, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]