Re: Dive reports; Yea or nay?

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by seahunt on March 22, 2005 at 10:53:11:

In Reply to: Re: Dive reports; Yea or nay? posted by Instructor 10 on March 22, 2005 at 09:36:34:

>And we shouldn't say anything because it's a dive report. And we don't want to hurt anyones feelings.
Actually, it is mostly because it's none of your business to wretch about it. Just where do you get off telling a journeyman diver how to dive? Would you like me to drop into your class and start teaching your students? Hey, it would be none of my business and it's none of yours here.
Why don't you post some reports with tips about diving. That's how we do it here. We offer ideas and suggestions of diving techniques for other divers to use if they want to. We don't rag on other people's techniques.
We don't know who you are or your experience. Instructor means nothing here without some idea of who you are. There are probably a large number of divers with far more experience and skill on this board than you. They are fanatics.
You also don't know what has gone on this board and you don't know the disaster some well meaning types like yourself caused. Have the courtesy to believe. We've been through all this before and we don't want to go through it again. Please spare us. We do like dive reports and dive information though.
Enjoy, seahunt
PS. Tell ya what. To make my point. Ask a question about DIR procedure or gear on the bbs. See what happens.
Enjoy, seahunt

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]