Truth boats and autopilot

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JRM on March 24, 2005 at 16:51:47:

In Reply to: Re: running it ashore posted by Donna on March 23, 2005 at 19:03:19:

Uhh, I beg to differ.

The Conception has a one-way autopilot to the east end of Santa Cruz Island. At least that's the easiest explanation for why the majority of her charters seemed to end up there.

It must just be the Conception, because I think I've only had one "redirection" between the Truth and the Vision, and that trip was epic. They probably would have cancelled the trip due to weather, but they had lost the anchor (at Scorpion, no less, ah the irony) so they used our dollars to head out and recover it. Not only did the diving suck, but we got to spend over 4 hours watching them flounder with the hook.

I generally like the Truth boats. When they're good (which is the vast majority of the time) they're really good. But man, when it's bad, it's ****really**** bad. Although, I should mention that I patronize them quite a bit as I live about a 15 minute walk from Sea Landing.

JRM

-- I'm going to take my camera down to Sea Landing tomorrow and take some photos. Maybe Chris will post them if there's anything interesting.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]