Fantastic! The hard work pays off!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dick Analog on March 30, 2005 at 21:53:24:

In Reply to: Trip Report: Easter Weekend on the Peace : Oil Rig Grace and Anacapa posted by Elaine on March 30, 2005 at 18:59:09:

The macro shots are exquisite. You get the credit for piquing my interest in nudibranchs; the Slug Site (http://slugsite.tierranet.com/) is now near the top of the favorites list on my Internet browser.

And I always enjoy your narrative and photos that highlight the human interest side of a dive trip. Your photos reminded me of one particularly cool aspect of the Easter Sunday dives at Anacapa. There were two father & son teams on the trip. One pair, who came all the way down from Marin County (the moustached guy and blond haired boy shown cleaning their catch) are a couple of pretty serious divers. The father has been teaching his son abalone hunting this year up in their neck of the woods, and his son was open-water certified at age 10 at the Great Barrier Reef while the whole family was on a year-long dive excusion around the world. The other father and son (a 12 year-old)) pair completed their last open water certification dives on our trip, and both were as thrilled and giggly as a couple of guys could be. This second boy was sooooo excited to show Jan and I the treasures (a few empty shells) that he had brought up from below. There could be no better way to spend Easter Sunday, in my opinion, than exploring the underwater realm with your loved ones.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]