Let's Get Organized

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Eric Frasco on April 01, 2005 at 12:11:38:

In Reply to: Ships to Reefs -- A Small Step posted by DougD on March 31, 2005 at 22:15:38:

I agree with Jim Lyle and Ross-O below, somewhere between Pt Fermin and Pt Vicente would be excellent. We could then do half day trips like they do in San Diego. It would be a great boost for the local diving industry, and they wouldn't have to use a whole lot of gas or time getting to the site like they would if it were out at Catalina. Regardless of the site, we should do this.

I went to the March 11 organizational meeting in San Diego, brought back a dozen DVDs, all of which I've already handed out.

This is a huge project that will take the entire community. And millions of $$. We will need people to do fund raising, people to go talk to politicians and community leaders, and people to help shoulder the legal and bureaucratic tasks. San Diego Oceans Foundation have promised to provide support (not financial) and guidance. We just have to put in the time, effort, and money.

I've already presented the concept to the Greater Los Angeles Council of Divers, and they are receptive to it. It will be on the agenda for the next meeting, April 18th (third Monday) at Lucia's Restaurant, 1605 Cabrillo, Torrance.

I propose that we start a committee, move meetings to a weekend evening, and get a conference room somewhere with teleconferencing capabilities so that people can participate without having to drive for an hour to get to the meeting.

I'm all fired up about this, how about the rest of you?

-Eric-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]