Re: Equipment

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tribes on April 11, 2005 at 10:24:32:

In Reply to: Equipment posted by DougD on April 10, 2005 at 11:16:36:

Buy a scubapro (made in Italy) or Atomic (made in HB). Both are better then the Mares Regulator (made in France and Italy, this regulator is the old AMF Voit regulator designed in 1967, it has not changed very much since then).
The poseidon gear works, but has problems with repair (4years ago poseidon lost there US distributor, and left the US without parts( it took a year to get parts), you had to send to Sweden direct , in the 25 years I have been a retailer I have never had a manufacture do something like this). Poseidon Regulators are different from everything else, you may have a problems finding a service tech. They breath OK(at depth), but there is better equipment out there .
Atomic or Scubapro balanced piston first stages (high flow). The Second stages are balanced, they breath better then anything else. You can get them fixed anywhere in the world. They both have a life time warrantee on parts.
If it was me I would buy the Atomic (which is what I have, I could use anything, but Atomic is the best, and is made in HB).

Tribes

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]