Re: AADIVER in especially fine trim

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on April 14, 2005 at 13:21:43:

In Reply to: Re: AADIVER in especially fine trim posted by AADIVER on April 14, 2005 at 09:48:23:

Actually, Frank, the coveralls make perfect sense for wreck diving as they'd take the first 'hit' from dirt or abrasions, helping save your dry suit or a better wet suit. I wear an old wet suit for about the same purpose - I have one that is getting to be mainly Aquaseal these days that I use for beach diving. The fish and my dive buddy don't care what I look like.

Also, the pony is desirable for solo, wreck or other such diving. Before I got my best friend, wife, and dive buddy I carried one also or I would stay to a depth that I could freedive to in case I had a problem.

I'm now hooked on simplicity and trim, borrowing from the best practices I see, be it DIR or whatever. Should come up with a better term that doesn't imply any unbending gear or methodology philosophy (apart from the Navy Dive Manual, which is bible). Maybe WWB (what works best) or DSSOCSD (dive simply so others can simply dive, sorry Ghandi).

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]