Alternate air rig photos

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dick Analog on April 19, 2005 at 08:42:14:

In Reply to: So, got any pictures of your rig to post here? (nt) posted by jlyle on April 19, 2005 at 08:02:54:

The rig still looks pretty much like the photos shown at the bottom of this posting:

http://diver.net/bbs/messages/52105.shtml

Now, the pony bottle is snugged a little closer to the BC, and I have a tank-strap-mounted weight pouch hung on the side of the main tank, opposite the pony bottle. To get the weight balanced, I removed 5lbs of non-ditchable weight from an internal pocket (in the BC) on the same side as the pony bottle, and put 4lbs in the weight pouch on the tank strap. I also stopped using about 3lbs in ankle weights, as it seems this rig has shifted more weight toward my feet. I think I can also take an additional 2-4lbs out of my main (ditchable) set of weights, but that's some tweaking that has yet to be done.

In the photos you can see how the pony bottle's SPG hose spans the gap between tanks - this is quite effective in keeping kelp out of the gap. And because the pony bottle's valve/1st stage regulator is set well below the profile of the BC, so far I've had no instances of getting kelp caught on the valve assembly. But you know kelp...it will probably find a way.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]