Re: I was trying to be more upbeat...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on April 19, 2005 at 22:42:37:

In Reply to: I was trying to be more upbeat... posted by seahunt on April 19, 2005 at 18:13:51:

lol, SeaHunt....I am usually an optomistic glass is half full kinda guy, but Cabo majorly sucks, used to be a good fishing town till the locals figured out they could financially suck dry the Gringos. $250 a day for a panga and a lazy ass pinche pangadero and $2 per bait fish is asinine.

I haven't done Gordo banks yet, ought to be a good place to take the CCR if it is 150 feet or so. I hear there are lots of pelagics and Senor Tiburon.

I did some diving in Loreto, actually enjoyed that more, lots of interesting sea fans, coronet fish, etc. When last there instead of the lazy ass gordo pangadero associated with the hotel who whosed up with no tackle or dsire to fish and who ate my lunch before I ever got to the boat at 5 am, I hired an independant guy named Hector Villalejo. Brand new panga and engine, cold drinks on ice, comida de lunche, lots of tackle, we caught our own bait in 15 minutes, the guy would scan for frigate birds and race like a wildman to them as they circled dorado, he'd throw out 3 baits as I threw out mine, and if one of his got hammered, he would hand me the rig. I think he enjoyed fishing even more then me! Got back to the hotel, knock on door an hour later with all my Dorado filleted and wrapped up on a cooler for me. And all for $20 less then the hotel pangadero. Now THAT's what I call panga fishing!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]