Re: Wanting drysuit feedback..

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on April 20, 2005 at 08:51:12:

In Reply to: Wanting drysuit feedback.. posted by Hilary on April 20, 2005 at 03:46:53:

You don't indicate what kind of diving you do. It does make a difference. Lots of people buy a lot more suit than they need because it is the fashionable thing to do.

I would recommend taking a drysuit diving class if you are not familiar with diving in one. Outside of basic certification, I don't normally recommend specialty courses, most are a waste of money that could be better spend diving.

I had a DUI FLX50 for work and loved it. A great suit at a fair price. Customer service is phenomenal. I had to turn it in when the dive ops ceased. I fell back to my Bare Nex Gen shell suit, rock boots, with Andy's jumpsuit. It is a very basic but extremely functional set up. I now dive in Alaska with the NextGen/Andy's combo and it serves me well. The price difference between the DUI and NexGen was about $1500 which pays for a lot of dive boats. Andy's is used by a shop up here with good results.

Have you considered going to the Dive Show next month to comparison shop?

By the way, asking people about equipment is like talking about the bible, anyone can find enough to justify their interpretation to the exclusion of all else.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]