Great Day of Diving for Chamber Day!

Great Dive Trips at Bargain Prices with the Sea Divers

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on May 04, 2005 at 22:54:03:

Just finished washing gear and downloading profiles (wanted to check my computer's reported 68 degrees against my SensusPro - no it was really 61 which seemed to be more like it).

Many thanks to the Chamber Committee, Ken Kurtis, Reefseekers, Sport Chalet, LACounty Baywatch, the U.S. Coast Guard, the Chamber volunteer crew, and MOST OF ALL, the Captains and thier crews who so selflessly gave their time and boats to make this a success! It was a great day of visiting the facilities and learning more about the diver rescue and life support services provided by our County, Coast Guard, and of course, the USC Chamber.

It was also a time to see friends on the various boats and to enjoy an excellent day of diving! The Sea Gods were smiling on this day, as the channel crossing was easy and the currents virtually non-existant. Vis was California-typical and was greatly improved over the past few weeks...about 15 to 25 feet. Plus it was just plain wonderful to dive mid-week, especially since the conditions were so darn good.

Lobster season is of course over and I had several legal sized bugs thumbing their antenae at me by Lions Head. Darn boggers even came out of thir crevices at me! Plus I found a really cool cave by Isthumus Reef at 56 feet...next time I'll bring my light, as it seemed to go back further than I wanted to venture in the dark.

Everyone on our boat had a really good time, the food was great and almost everyone won a prize. But the biggest rewards were helping the Chamber and seeing everyone enjoy themselves.

Can't wait for 2006! Great job!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]