Re: area captains mud slinging

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dave on May 07, 2005 at 21:43:43:

In Reply to: area captains mud slinging posted by Gregg M on May 07, 2005 at 14:00:07:

We're lucky these dive boats charge as little as they do, what a great bargain they all are. I have always wanted my own 30-40' powerboat, but then I would have to have competent people on the boat while the rest of us were diving, I would have upkeep, fuel, insurance, liability insurance for the buddies Coast Guard regulations, worrying about anchors slipping, still haev to buy and cook my own foods, slip fees, etc. Sorry, for the $100-$125 a dive boat costs, AND I get a competent crew, Captain and a bunch of fellow divers to tell tall tales with, sorry, dive charter fees are a steal.

If I got left at some dive spot, as long as I didn't croak or get half eaten, rather then publically dragging some poor captain who probably wasn't the one at fault anyway, nor would i be much interested in the DM who isn't making $ either, short of a verbal spanking, instead I would hire an agent and do the talk show circuit, then go get some motivational speech training, then go on the motivational talk show circuit at 15-20k a booking, sell my business, the dm's dive store probably offered me lifetime equiment routine maintenance to call it even and I took them up on it, and I would go buy the Captain and his crew filet mignon dinner and give them all a big fat tip from my speaking engagements every time I went out on their boat.

What's there for anyone to be unhappy about?!

I'm talking abut a win-win here guys!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]