Re: It's a new "old" regulator?

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim on May 10, 2005 at 09:06:16:

In Reply to: It's a new "old" regulator? posted by . on May 09, 2005 at 18:00:28:

It looks great and is based on a good platform. Nice thing about diving is that what makes it interesting and fun for me may or may not do the same for you. So what. You don't use my gear. I don't get in your way. If someone wants to go retro, why not? (I still wear my Chuck Taylors on board boats and my doxa dive watch, but I draw the line at OP cords, for me).

The thing that makes this regulator not practicle is the price. I saw it in a shop for $999, even though the company said it would sell for about $900. I figure after not selling for a year or so they will come down in price. Remember the US Divers air pack (three small tanks housed in a plastic container to look like the packs used by Cousteau's divers accessorizing the silver wetsuit) that sold in the early 1980s. I saw the one model we had languish in the shop where I worked and go through a series of price reductions until it was gone. I don't think anyone purchased it, I think it was recalled by the manufacturers.

So yes, I might buy one when the price approaches a reasonable level, say about $490.00. Until then I guess my old Conself will have to do.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]