Old Mother Hen Syndrome

dive-instructors.com, the first place to look for a dive instructor

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on May 11, 2005 at 15:07:00:

In Reply to: Out of Air Situations - Here's my experience, what's yours? posted by Anonymous on May 11, 2005 at 11:32:39:

I always monitor my air closely and my buddy's. I am more worred about my buddy running out of air than myself. I rarely scuba dive any deeper than I can free dive. I know I can get myself to the surface. A buddy I can not always predict how they will react.

The few times in my life. That I had a buddy on a regular basis. We practiced out of air drills. A regular buddy is hard to find where I live though.

I have a Air II on my light weight rig. I actually prefer it for solo diving. Some times I will just use the Air II as my primary. Just to practice breathing though it and controlling my bouyancy. It is a fairly descent breathing regulator.

Most of the time I use a octopus. I really like the ideal of regulator necklaces. Which I have added to all my alternate air regulators.

During all my diving "off and on" for 35 years. I have never ran out of air nor has a buddy ran out of air. I prefer to solo dive - less worry and less responability. When I dive with a buddy. It is usually because I enjoy that person's company.

Last year I added a pony tank to my rig and another pony tank to the rig. That I sometimes loan to a buddy. I am planning on getting more into advanced diving latter this year. My altitude is. By keeping your buddy out of trouble, you keep yourself out of trouble. Trouble may be my middle name, but not when it comes to buddies or bubbles. Got Air!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]