Posted by Mojo Mike on May 16, 2005 at 20:07:29:
In Reply to: Re: Doesn't the Wheel do computations for multilievel diving. posted by Eric S on May 16, 2005 at 07:49:05:
There are several reasons I was not impressed with it. Remember I have never dove with it. I just played around burning time and did make believe dive profiles. Yeah, I was really bored at the time. The things I disliked.
1. More work and cumbersome than the tables.
2. Not realistic multi-level diving.
3. Full of frivous gotcha rules. That need to be memorized.
4. Easy to make a mistake with.
5. I may lean to the liberal side politically, but my dive provile is conservative all the way. I add fudge factors for age, physical condition, temperature, hangovers, etc. The wheel tries to increase bottom time. By my opinion, in a unsafe manner.
6. Most of my diving is high altitude. Which the wheel is no good for. I also add a huge fudge factor for my high altitude tables.
7. I just do not consider the Wheel a safe tool. I am surprised that PADI swears by it.
8. Of course, I bet PADI would say. I wasn't trained by a professional. Or I would like the wheel. Yeah, sure.
Post a Followup