You won't believe me. Sting Rays in freshwater??

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Kylecawaza on May 16, 2005 at 20:19:06:

I still talk to my friends in California, and I was talking to one of my friends that is interested in the same stuff I am about the animals she has seen. Anyway, she was telling me about the leopard sharks she sees that wash up in the bay, and how she saw a seal make it all the way up to a pond by our old elementary school as well as some introduced turtles and parrot sightings. Anyway, I was really surprised when she said she saw two Sting Rays (I assume bat rays?)swimming in a freshwater creek by the high school I would of gone to. (Redwood high school) Anyway, I am familiar with the spot she said she saw them in, and this area is occasionally flooded with salt water on high tides, but usually isn't, and she said it was at low tide. Anyway, is this rare? Almost all my expiriences with seeing bat rays in the San Francisco bay though have been where they are swimming up an inlet as if towards a freshwater source. Anyway, maybe someone could explain something to me. I am really curious about all of this stuff. Next time I am down in California, i'll devot a day to exploring the salt water areas of the bay! :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]