Sorry - I agree with Chuck

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by divinotter on May 18, 2005 at 15:10:24:

In Reply to: Re: Monastery Beach - Reg in your mouth? posted by Divinotter on May 16, 2005 at 14:11:53:

I was thinking after the first post - and by the way thanks for clearing that up in my mind- that if I am being rolled around - I'm not likely to suddenly bounce up and if I do it's likely that with a reg in my mouth I'll be more calm if I do take a fall. I pictured myslef falling and without a reg I know I would tense up - not even meaning to - just a physical reaction that I would have to fight against- that is just one step away from out of control. I would rather be laughing at the situation by saying in my head - ha! roll me around as much as you want to - I've got air! I can honestly say that of the beach entries I've done I've always done either the snorkel thing or nothing- I have been knocked down but- so what I just start swimming. It's not that easy coming in - and that's when I've always had more difficulty - I get hammered on the way in - But knowing more how to exit - not fighting the wave and bracing against the backwash instead and using a reg to exit- it sounds so much more fun and doable. Thanks for the help - Walt and I will no doubt discuss this a lot - it's our first not agreement about a diving technique :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]