Weather

Outer Bamnks diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mojo Mike on May 20, 2005 at 13:56:50:

In Reply to: Response from Sen. Feinstein re: NOAH and our diving weather posted by Elaine on May 20, 2005 at 09:50:15:

Weather is extremely critical information in my line of work. The company I work for. Have their own weather experts on the payroll and also have weather forcasting companies on the payroll. We also have contractors that do silver iodide seeding of clouds. Not to mention the numerous silver iodide generators scattered thoughout the mountains. No we don't seed clouds over the ocean ;-)

I am given a custom weather forecast for my region everyday and a update if there is a change. A inch of rain is worth millions of dollars in our business. You know what is our best and most used weather information?

The radar pictures on the weather channel. We turn off the sound. Because what they say is usually wrong, but radar isn't full of BS.

I have been thinking about writing the Senator a letter also. About the 10.7 million dollars of water I was forced to spill last month. Because the deregulated electrical industry will spill water over a dam. Wasting a precious natural resource and trying to disregard the enviroment and public satety. So California can buy HIGH PRICED fossil fuel generated electricity instead. So we can pollute our air that much more. What a mess!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]