Lost Digital Rig

Scuba Diving on the Great Escape Southern California Live-Aboard Dive Boat

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ryan Boerema on May 22, 2005 at 12:06:41:

Just a follow up. It's been almost two months since I lost this on a night dive:...
I counted seven distinct things that had to go wrong for this to happen, but go wrong they did. Early April night dive at Shaw's Cove in Laguna Beach lost me my Olympus 5060 in an Olympic housing with a YS-90DX strobe and customized YS-30 strobe (checkered) plus tray, arms, mini Q-40 flashlight on a knuckle mount, fiber optic cord, big chip, and any sense of personal competence. Anyone seen it? Reward.
...so it's probably either well and thoroughly lost or perhaps been found by someone not too interested in finding its original owner.
Buuut, in case you come across it -- the little YS-30 is particularly distinct; I opened it up and took out the paper under the clear plastic tube and replaced it with a b/w photo of leaded glass, so it looks "checkered". The Olympus housing has black velcro tape all over it to prevent the flash from triggering the YS-30. The tray has two different type of handles, one is made of very nice shaped cherry wood, the other just a post. The chip in the 5060 is chock full of images and starts with various available light shots of Dendronotus iris (lion nudibranch) on a tube anemone, and lots of pictures of my two young sons. The knuckle arms are old style blue and black, with homemade mounts for the strobes. The YS-90DX and the 5060 themselves are unremarkable --- please let me know. (I still have my Nikonos II and an old blue Oceanic housing for an F-2, but they won't let me back into the 21st century without a digital camera.) If nothing else, I'd like the pictures of my son.
Phone number is (831)662-1876
Addresss is Ryan Boerema
334 Los Altos Dr.
Aptos, CA 95003 Thanks

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title: