Re: Monterey Dive Operators

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tim on May 26, 2005 at 13:10:12:

In Reply to: Re: Monterey Dive Operators posted by Hilary on May 25, 2005 at 20:03:50:

Just a bit of clarification. On our reservation system..we have several areas in the registration of divers that makes it VERY clear that we need a number and email so that we can contact a diver if we feel that the charter action is slow or for other reasons.

I started about 3 or 4 days out with emails to the divers on the charter trying to contact the them to give him a "heads up" that the charter was booking slow and could they call or email me so we could discuss some alternate possibilities.

I heard from ALL except the diver posting the email. I then called twice as the date approached with still no response.

I went to the dock the day of the dive to meet the diver to explain about the many attempts to contact him. He admitted that he should have given me his cell phone number on the registration form.

There is a place that indicates that a number should be left and it was VERY imporrtant that the number should be one that the diver can be contacted.

There is also a place that askes the diver "How do you prefer that we contact you" he chose "by email" and we attempted to honor his request until the day before when I could no longer wait.

When the diver departed...it seemed that he understood and said he would join us another time. Too bad he did not make any attempt to discuss with me some future arrangment instead of heading home to blow the story out of ALL proportion.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]