Thanks Everybody!!

AquaFlite Custom Wetsuits, Dive Skins, and Dive Parkas

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BigTankTom on May 26, 2005 at 19:55:41:

In Reply to: Brass Clip Lubricants - Suggestions Wanted posted by BigTankTom on May 26, 2005 at 12:46:47:

Thank you for all of the help. Most of my clips are stainless, but this one came with one of those pre-packaged clip systems (the ones that look like telephone cords and hold lights, etc.). Anyway, I'll take the advice and use SS from now on, however, I'll try the vinegar to reinvigorate this clip. I've only used the clip on 5-10 dives so it's not ready for the dump, plus I take a certain satisfaction in getting stuff to work properly before trashing it. Since it's not a life support piece of equipment, I'll try the vinegar first (it's only an annoyance if the clip doesn't work). If that works, great. If not, I'll assume we've got a defect and trash the clip. Elaine, thanks for the rec, but the $12 shipping turns me off on the $8 item . Maybe if I can find something else I need, I'll grab that goo (but I truly appreciate the rec!). Anyway, thanks for all of the help - I'll use the advice everyone!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]