Crazy fun!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Walt on June 12, 2005 at 14:06:44:

In Reply to: Dive report: Deer Creek, 3Rs posted by Dick Analog on June 11, 2005 at 19:41:16:

I've had both worse (6" vis with 5-7' sets) and far better (30+' and 6" sets) dives there. We did see some greenlings, calicos, urchins, stars...mainly trying to stay out of that surge! The quantity of amputated sheep crab limbs was puzzling. Odd.

Really appreciate that Dick was game enough to dive when I was trying out the hardpack-minimalist rig. That set-up was great for ducking under those periodic 4 - 5 footers. I'll probably add a small wing, though, as it would have made the surface swim a bit easier. Would also want a little lift if diving deeper. Will run through the calculations after I cut the hedge!

I've been attending 3-R's sessions for the past 5 years. I learn something new each time and am able to practice my skills. I really appreciate the dedication of the volunteers from GLACD and LACounty UIC who selflessly teach others how to enjoy beach diving in SoCal. Plus its fun and you meet some really nice people.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]