Novice UW photographer succumbs to Dark Side

JuJee Beads, handmade flamework glass beads

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dick (Analog?) on June 26, 2005 at 19:32:26:

The Sub-Surface World has lost yet another aspiring film photographer to the Digital Menace. Despite the best efforts of K-Chrome masters Elaine Jobin-wan and Chuck Trib-baca, the reckless and headstrong aspirant formerly known as "Dick Analog" was recently spotted in the Outer Channel Islands, blazing away with a digital SLR. Witnesses were shocked by the shameless pleasure he took in blasting Nudis, Metridiums, and Sculpins with his powerful DS-125. When asked what great power weakened him to the point of turning to the Dark Side, he replied "It was the immediate feedback provided by the LCD on the camera back. If I didn’t have TTL capability on a film camera, which seemed likely unless I decided to use a Nikonos, I thought I may never live long enough to gain the knowledge and skill possessed by the K-Chrome masters... I...I guess, in a moment of weakness, I took the less painful path" The Supreme Sub-Surface Council subsequently stripped the Fallen One of his former "Analog" moniker, declaring: "he’s gone totally Digital – there’s nothing analog left in him. He shall be forever known, from this day forward, as simply Dick J".

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]