Re: Nitrox- Poll question

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on March 29, 2000 at 16:15:00:

In Reply to: Re: Nitrox- Poll question posted by tleemay on March 29, 2000 at 12:34:21:

Well put Terry... Surpringly even DAN attempted to slant the facts with Dr. Bennett's ill-concieved analysis in there journal a couple of months ago.

While I have the utmost respect for Dr. Bennett and DAN I felt his article was slanted and distortive of the facts. I challenged, publicly, Dr. Bennett on his analysis but he refused to address the issue, either privately or publicly.

The very fact of the matter is that Nitrox, while RELATIVELY, new to the recreational world is commonplace in the commercial and military environment.

The supposed dangers that are exasperated by the anti-Nitrox crowd simply do not exsist.

I remember when dive computer came in fashion, everyone cried about how this would lead to a panacea of DSC hits since divers would no longer plan there dives but rely on a computer. Well, we all know what happened to that myth. No that same old school crowd is resurecting the same old tired arguements about this lastest advancement.

FTR, I am not suggesting that OxTox is not a viable concern, I am strongly saying that it is a VERY manageable concern. And I'll be the 1st to admit, if you can't control your bouyancy do NOT dive Nitrox. But I would also add if you can't control your bouyancy you need to concentrate more on your basic skills.

I would also add why did you get a C-card from your instructor in the 1st place????

Later

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]