Re: Tech diving

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MHK on April 12, 2000 at 10:55:17:

In Reply to: Re: Tech diving posted by Clinton Bauder on April 11, 2000 at 13:55:54:

Clinton,

Being an accountant for a living, especially right before April 15th, I know what you mean about not posting during a bad day. ;-)

Let's call it even and move on..

The reason why I feel it is somewhat important to draw a distinction is as follows:

I see all kinds of diver's week in and week out.. Many claim to be tech diver's and encourage other's to follow there lead. Now that woldn't be a problem for me if some of these guys had a clue what the hell they were doing. But I see these sloppy gear configurations, poor dive plans etc etc etc purporting to be tech diving.

I believe that a tech dive needs to be thought out, planned, trained for, and approached with a proper mindset...

In my view there are many in the anti-tech diving crowd that just can't wait for one of us to get hurt and then start circling the * I told you so wagons *.

There are very few of us out here and I would love to see the market grow but I want to see it grow properly not just getting a bunch of guys, strapping on doubles and diving deep on air and then laying claim to being a tech diver. This will do more harm thean good to any potential growth.

So I started this thread with the hopes of getting a sense of what some perceive as a tech dive, what some perceive as a dangerous leap into diving above one's head, and then also with a hope of gaining some information.

Regards

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]