Loyalty? Shmoyalty!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jusfer on April 13, 2000 at 22:38:24:

In Reply to: Dive Shop Loyalty? posted by Cancer on April 13, 2000 at 15:49:07:

Hi Cancer ,

I think you can find an easy answer to your concerns by adding up the amount of money you have spent in that one dive shop so far. Then, go ahead and figure out how much 40% of that is and you have a ballpark figure of how much your dive shop made on you, minimum. I guess you won't feel sorry for them anymore after that exercise.

It sounds like you have most of your gear together by now, so there won't be a lot of purchasing contact anyway, except when you get your air fills.

If they ever start this debate again, I would politely but firmly tell them that they deserved your business in the past because they gave you good service and offered you an acceptable value (if you also feel that this was the case). Then, I would go on and let them know that you will continue to look for the best value (and avoid talking about price) for all your future needs, and that you owe it to yourself to base your purchase decisions on that criterion.

The next time I would go for an airfill, I would say something like "I'm coming for one of the airfills that I already paid for" so they won't even think about you getting something free from them. It may also help to become (or remain) friendly with one particular sales person there, other than that pesky owner.

Hope this helps.

Now that the diving season is beginning for the non-drysuit divers, you'll get to enjoy more diving and forget about the troubles behind you.

Jusfer

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]