Response..

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cancer on April 14, 2000 at 16:04:11:

In Reply to: Re: Dive Shop Loyalty? posted by Jason on April 14, 2000 at 15:39:29:

Well, I thought that I communicated well to them that U.S. Divers/ Aqualung was the
tank I wanted. I totally know it is a Pressed Steel Tank and the Genesis they had ordered
was not. I just chose that the pressed steel by Aqualung/U.S.Divers was what I wanted. I
looked at the specs of different tanks from Rodale's page, love Aqualung's dependability and affordability
and therefore settled on this "brand." What I'm upset with is how the owner barked at me when
I showed up there on Sat. I'm the customer and I get barked at?! Where does the motto "The customer
is always right" reside? In fictional textbooks? No way. My grandparents own a mom-n-pop fruit
and vegetable stand in SoCal and don't make any money (a living necessarily) off of selling their
produce. I've seen how they treated rude customers and always tried to satisfy them any way they could.
If the customer was just downright insulting, well that's a different story. However, my grandparents
don't tolerate anyone's garbage but recognize a business as a business and treat their customers with
the utmost respect and consideration. Instead of this guy going off the way he did, if he truly
wanted my future business he could have said, "I apologize for my salesman's behaviour. I understand
you didn't feel comfortable for that but I want you as a customer in the future. I therefore would
like you to personally come to me if you would like to purchase an item and I will do my best to
meet or beat any competitor's price. If you decide to not purchase said item from us I understand it is
just business and I will strive to continually be a better business for your needs." I didn't get anything remotely in the vicinity , galaxy or universe of anything like that. "we're at zero okay."
Really?! I admit I'm human and that it is possible I miscommunicated to the shop of what I wanted. However,
to treat me like that is like burning a bridge. I hope this sheds light on my frustration and thank you for
your answer and insight. Thanks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]