Re: punch card abuse

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Curt Billings on June 05, 2000 at 13:05:51:

In Reply to: Re: punch card abuse posted by Jason on June 04, 2000 at 23:15:31:

That may work if they actually cross reference the DL. That's hard to imagine they have the resources to do that beyond a limited basis. However, the current system, as can be expected for something new, needs improvement. Too bad with the history of salmon punch cards etc. they have not figured it out yet.

For example, I got my punch card at a Sport Chalet in SoCal. It was issued to me over the counter without even looking at my fishing license. I could have returned and bought one on each of a dozen trips. Good ole Sport Chalet, they never cease to be the butt of a good flame. The lack of training is obvious in their case and similar retail sales organizations but it is a stretch of the imagination if one thought the industry could fix that problem. The turnover is too high. My wife decided to buy a card up north. There they knew the proper procedure, which was reassuring. It is not perfect but certainly is a good start. God help the abs because we are off to a slow start in doing our part.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]