Re: So, was anybody on the GREAT ESCAPE yesterday out at Santa Barbara Is. ?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Captain Tim on June 06, 2000 at 18:30:28:

In Reply to: So, was anybody on the GREAT ESCAPE yesterday out at Santa Barbara Is. ? posted by SLANG on June 05, 2000 at 21:06:39:

Sorry to take so long to get to this. I have been very busy with the CG
and insurance companies, ect.
Captains Dave and Jerry were on board this weekend, I was at the Scuba Show,
the most expencive one that I have ever attended, the trip was going well.
They went around the island, then through the passage between Sutile and 3 Sisters.
A place that all of have been hundreds of times.
Dave thought that he blew an engine, and then told the crew to check all bilges. We have
5 water tight compartments. Chris found that there was a lot of water coming into the last
compartment. He and Jerry made a repair of wood and gunnie sacks. They turned on one small
pump in the the back and headed home. They came back on one engine and arrived at the dock at
1400:00. They hit the object at about 06:45 and started home at 07:15.
A great job by all. NO ONE was hurt and more than half of the divers did not even know that
there was a problem.
Just got home from the yard. The biggest concerne was the prop that was damaged. A new one
would take 6 weeks to get here. The internet is great. I spent half a day yesterday looking
for the prop needed and after sending out many messages, I had two props for me
today.
If all goes as planned the GE will be back in the water Wednesday the 14th of June, and after
the CG checks her out all will go on.
Also thanks to all that have called to see what is going on, and thanks to everyone that has
offered assistance.
Captain Tim Burke

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]