Re: B.C.s

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Clinton Bauder on June 08, 2000 at 13:30:08:

In Reply to: B.C.s posted by ryan on June 07, 2000 at 18:48:55:

I have a Halcyon SS backplate and 36lb Pioneer (single tank) wings. You can add weight pockets onto the harness if you like. Except for the fact that the single tank adaptor is made of aluminium and subject to galvanic corrosion I like it. It is much more streamlined and stable than my previous BC (a Zeagle). Also the backplate is 6 lbs negative which is 6 lbs of lead you can take off your belt.

I have the weight pockets and like them as well. It spreads the weight around more evenly than a belt and I find it to be more comfortable. Ditching weights isn't quite as easy as with a belt but you aren't as likely to accidentally lose them either.

A nice thing about a backplate is it's flexibility. They can be adjusted to fit just about anybody and you can easily swap out the bladders for different applications like diving doubles. The backplate itself is indestructible and the harness is just a long piece of nylon webbing which is easy to replace (even in third world countries) if you damage it somehow.

Clinton

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]