Re: Buddy Diving - Is three a crowd ? (long)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Walker on July 07, 2000 at 18:00:45:

In Reply to: Re: Buddy Diving - Is three a crowd ? (long) posted by Steve Taylor on July 07, 2000 at 13:11:46:

Mr. Taylor
No Darren died of stupidity. Darren should have never allowed his son to get in the water. The incident escalated as soon as Darren decided to do a dive with divers who where not ready for such a mission.
Darren Douglas, Sheck Exley And Rob Palmer actually had several things in common. One they where all scuba divers, two they died, three they though they had their sh-t together, four they're deaths where avoidable.
Your insinuation of me speculating that unless someone is DIR will die is wrong. Although I do believe it is truly the safest mindset this sport has ever seen. But I never mentioned it in my previous post so please don't complex this post anymore.
The team STROKE came from the late Parker Turner. The term was used with diver who felt they could stroke people with their diving knowledge but in reality they new very little. Parker died in Indian Spring Fl. when a cave ceiling collapsed on him. His untimely death was much different then the rest. Other than staying out of the water he had verything else covered as far as safty went. He brought a lot to out sport.
I relize that I have'nt been diving for all that long. I started at the age of 16 and am 38 now. I have seen many changes in the sport in that short period and have dove with many stuborn old timers as well as some of the best advanced divers scuba history has ever seen.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]