Re: Suunto Spyder Computer

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert Davis on July 14, 2000 at 20:22:48:

In Reply to: Suunto Spyder Computer posted by Ville on July 13, 2000 at 05:29:17:

Hi Ville,
Good to hear back from you, sorry to hear that you don't want to buy my Spyder watch. As far as me getting out of diving and wishing to sell the rest of my gear, not just yet! I love diving and it is my lifes passion. The reason that I want to sell my Spyder watch is that I don't really use it any more. I recently purchased a Dive Rite " NITEC C " and I am now using that watch as my back up computer, the reason that I switched is that I am diving NITROX and I needed a NITROX computer. As far as complaints go about the Spyder dive watch, I really like the spyder computer, however the watch was advertised as being able to last 300+ dives before the battery needs to be replaced, well the truth is more like 60 to 70 dives so far I have purchased 3 batteries. The water contact is easily fouled and will stay in dive mode if not thoroughly cleaned after each dive. I also do tech diving and when I use the watch for Deco, it does not follow standard US Navy Deco tables (it goes from 10ft to 11ft to 12ft instead of 10ft to 20ft to 30ft) and it is very conservative concerning multiple dives per day compared to my UWATEC Nitrox Pro which is my primary computer. I needed a computer closer in profile to my primary computer. As far as recommendations, the Spyder is a great computer for conservative recreational divers who plan only to dive air and not NITROX, I would recommend that it be used as a backup computer only. If you have any further questions please feel free to email me.

Robert Davis

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]