Re: Dive vacation... where to go????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HD on July 25, 2000 at 23:25:20:

In Reply to: Dive vacation... where to go???? posted by Ell on July 25, 2000 at 18:47:20:

Who said there's not much more to do in Cozumel? They were wrong! Rent a "thing" (a car) and see the island. There are ancient ruins, little restaurants and bars on the beach that you have to drive to to get to, parasailing, white sand beaches, jet ski rentals, awesome lagoons, big ole lizards (iguanas), thick jungles, some of the most rustic living conditions enjoyed by the natives and a small town center with numerous retaurants, shops, etc. The airlines land right on the island and the taxi rides are cheap. Once there you can walk most places.

Ell this is the place, especially since you are on a budget. Which, in your case, is enough to make almost 2 trips there! I'm putting a website in here. The Dive Paradise outfit is the best in my opinion and Plaza Las Glorias is a great hotel. Don't know when you are going but it is a little warm there right now and hurricane season is on us.

Everywhere you go the atmosphere is very casual. You can go most places with a swimsuit and sandals. Don't bring shoes...you will never wear them. If you get tired of the island you can always hook up a ride on a shuttle boat over to Cancun which is across the channel only a few miles. Cancun place is way more modern and commercial.

If I sound like a car salesman I apologize. It's just that for a cold water diver to experience this warm, absolutely clear water, with its abundance of marine life and structures (reefs, walls, caves, etc) you will be amazed. The main purpose of this island is diving and you can tell that by the numerous dive shops that dot the streets.

Let us all know which one you eventually choose.

And I don't work for any dive outfits so you are getting personal experience here and no greasy- palmed hype. Good luck and feel free to e-mail me if you have any more questions. HD.

http://www.scubadiving.com/divedeal/paradise.html

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]