Re: Dive vacation... where to go????

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BENTMAN on July 28, 2000 at 08:24:18:

In Reply to: Dive vacation... where to go???? posted by Ell on July 25, 2000 at 18:47:20:

I would agree with the rest of the other replys and go to Cozumel. It is cheap, clean and the diving is out of this world. I have been to other Carribean isles and the people are awful. They are very lazy and they charge 18% tax on everything you buy, which includes their tip. So they know they are going to get a tip on everything you buy, including one bottled water jug. However, the Mexican people in Coz. were wonderful and they want to please you alot. I like that being a tourist. I am there to enjoy myself and be pampered.

I was in Coz in January and I dove with my swimsuit only. No wet suit, no body suit, just my swimsuit because the water was 80 degress. Drift diving with the dive master was awesome. Lots to see, excellent VIZ and the town was fun to go to. Make sure you try and eat in the all inclusive hotel for the most part. Some folks can get a little belly ache or cramps if they eat off site. If your are one of those susceptible people, take Vibromyocin before you go and you won't any problems. However, the water and food are clean in Coz. and so are the people. Look for an all inclusive hotel and since you are on your 2nd honeymoon, stay at a fairly nice place and enjoy yourselves. Try Allegro resort or the Presidental hotel. Any way you go, get the hotel that fits your budget, and gets the most bang for your buck. A word of warning: BRING YOUR OWN REGULATOR, DO NOT USE THEIR REGULATORS. If you don't own a reg. then rent one here in the US and take it with you to COZ. I had to use their regs, and they leaked and I had to use my octo. to return to the boat and get another one. They have equipment older than mine. I have an Atomic B-1 reg and I'm spoiled with the best.

Enjoy your trip

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]