I was there in January....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by msblucow on July 31, 2000 at 13:09:31:

In Reply to: Anthony's Key Roatan--Any tips? posted by Jimmy on July 31, 2000 at 12:07:07:

The 3 must see-dives are Mary's Place (which is on the south side of Roatan - AKR doesn't usually go there, so you might have to book another operator for this one dive), the Eel Garden and the West Wall. Also AKR does day trips to some of the outer islands - you should definately book a trip. Lastly, if you like dolphins, AKR has a spectacular open ocean dolphin dive where you get to freely interact with 2 of their dolphins in 50 feet of water. There's no food involved, so it is about as close to a wild dolphin encounter as you can get.

AKR's rental gear is good. I brought nothing but a half mil steamer suit and my snorkeling gear and was quite happy. I pretty sure you can rent mask, snorkel and fins in addition to a BC and reg if you need it too.

If you want more details about the place, I still have my trip report posted - there are lots of pictures and detailed descriptions of the dives, facilities and Roatan in general you might find helpful. Just go to: http://people.we.mediaone.net/misterbee/index.html

Hope that helps...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]