Re: CLOSE CALL ON YUKON

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DMU on August 01, 2000 at 14:41:58:

In Reply to: Re: CLOSE CALL ON YUKON posted by Kevin on August 01, 2000 at 09:24:13:

I have not been on the Yukon since it was sunk, but I was able to take a tour prior to the sinking. I did notice that there are many ways out, but there were a couple of areas in the ship that create a bit more of an advanced dive in my opinion. Keeline Cove (great murals), some of the ammunition holds and other areas in the center lower levels in the bottom of the ship are a few that come to mind. Time, gas supply, dark overhead environment ect all came to mind during the tour when I was in these areas. So even though you may be wreck trained by one of the non–technical agencies, I question if it is enough to enter some of the environments on this great dive site. The Yukon provides many different diving environments, but many people I have spoken with are under the impression that all the hard work the volunteers did make this a pretty straight forward dive. I think that this may be luring people to go beyond their limits.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]