Re: DIVE ENTRIES: reg vs. snorkel? (long)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by RJ on August 12, 2000 at 05:08:08:

In Reply to: DIVE ENTRIES: reg vs. snorkel? (long) posted by HAL on August 11, 2000 at 14:26:28:

I have always found it best to enter with the second stage in place. Upon starting my stride I exhale completly. This makes for a less positive entry. Which means less impact on you and your equipment. Splash, flash the OK, look down, invert, head first decent through the first 15-20 ft. I too do not wish to revisit the surface. In rough seas this is the last place I want to be. Now the snork is an inconveniance. It can get in the way and become hung on many things. However, lets not forget that it is a very important piece of safety equipment. You mentioned rough seas. Lets say a strong current is involved too. You get blown off the site. This leaves you no alternative but to surface away from the boat. While trying to get back to the boat during the dive you have expended most of your air. If I'm on the surface in rough seas with little air in the tank, you bet I want that snork. Just an example. I don't like wearing it much either, but I do.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]