Re: Similar impressions on Halcyon gear

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Don Lake on August 14, 2000 at 16:36:44:

In Reply to: Impressions on my new Halcyon (kinda long) posted by msblucow on August 13, 2000 at 18:06:00:

I also recently purchased a Halcyon BC and misc. gear. I have been diving for 40 years and decided to buy all new gear. I have been very unhappy with the usual BCs being sold in the dive shops. I found Halcyon on the internet and called their dealer Reefseekers. By luck, the day I called Mike Kane was giving a DIR presentation. After the meeting, he was kind enough to lend me a demo unit. I tried it and love it. The next week I ordered my own unit. The gear reminds me of gear we used many years ago. It is great gear with no frills.

I have used the gear on 5 dives with great results and no problems. But more than the gear I appreciate the DIR approach to diving.

My next goal is to increase my education on diving nitrox and mixed gas. I also need to find diving buddies that are using the DIR approach. Clearly, it does no good to have the Halcyon gear and then be on a dive boat with divers who have no idea what you are doing. If anyone has any thoughts on how to find DIR buddies for Catalina diving, please let me know. I plan to be on the island diving starting 8/18/00 for 2 weeks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]