Re: overbreathing regs

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim Hoffmann on August 22, 2000 at 18:24:17:

In Reply to: Re: overbreathing regs posted by kelphead on August 22, 2000 at 16:11:09:

Kelphead, The Posidon Odin has an upstream second stage. If the 1st stage fails all the pressure will stop at the second stage. This could cause the hose to blow, but Posidon has a safely valve built into the hose and another safely valve built into the 1st stage. The U.S. Navy likes this regulator because it is a good cold water diving regulator and it breaths good deep.
Most of the regulators on the market have a balanced 1st stage, but very few have a balanced 2nd stages. The balance 2nd stage is the key, they breath good shallow and they breath good deep. They also breath good under heavy work loads.
Your Sherwood is a good work horse regulator, I have those in rental( it was one of the 6 or 7 regulators in the B group in the Navy test).But you should try a g250 or a t2 and I think you would see what I'm talking about.
I guess what it comes down to, is that I have used most of the regulators on market today, and I have had to repair lots of them. What I see is that many of the regulators are very poorly designed and very poorly built(if you want to, someday we could talk about all the recalls and the diving accidents caused by regulator malfunction or the history of some of the regulators that are being sold today).

Jim Hoffmann
Scuba Toys

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]