Re: Used Gear...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by JIm Hoffmann on August 29, 2000 at 09:56:20:

In Reply to: Used Gear... posted by mattschechter on August 28, 2000 at 18:30:42:

Matt,used gear is tough to buy unless you know what to look for(in fact new gear is tough to buy unless you know what to look for). The first thing I look at when I buy used gear is the brand. Scubapro Regulators(g250,mark 10, 20) Zeagle BC's(tec,ranger,concept), Oceanic, Uwatec, or USD gauges(newer computers) all are good companies and you will be able to fix them. Buy newer stuff, not something thats been in the garage for 10 years. Never buy wet suits used(because of the fit and because the older neophere gets the harder it gets). You should buy a new suit. Tanks are a real problem, because the type of tank you need, depands on the type of diving you are doing.
Check hydro's and VIP's on the tanks. See if the seller has the sales receipt. Blow up the BC, look inside the bladder if possible, put the regulator on a tank and check it.
If the seller will let you, take it to a dive store and have them check it for you.
Not to sound like a commercial, but we sell used gear here at Scuba Toys also. We also have an end of the season diver swap every year, this year it's on September 24.
If it was me I would buy new gear, in the long run you will be better off. Buy it from a Real dive store they have the expertise to help you buy the right life support equipment the first time.

Good luck,
Jim Hoffmann
Scuba Toys
Cypress, Ca.
Scuba-Toys.com

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ California Scuba Diving BBS ] [ FAQ ]